Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Subscriber DVD, Preview videos and more
Richard
post Sep 2 2006, 11:03 PM
Post #1

Roller-Coaster.com.au

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

The first preview video is now up on the website for subscribers to view. As with all the videos on Roller-Coaster.com.au, you need at least Flash Player 8 installed.

http://www.roller-coaster.com.au/videos.php?vid=20

This segment is 6:15 long and features Disney's California Adventure. The finished product for this park will be around 9:00 long I hope, making the Disneyland Resort the largest single section of the film, coming in at over 15 minutes.

In many ways the small resolution and high compression doesn't capture the finished product. It has a very 16mm feel to it, in terms of colour and camera work, which was the overall intention with the film. All filming was done with professional grade cameras and it's true widescreen.

A few of the other parks that will be included in the finished film are:
  • Knott's Berry Farm (CA)
  • Animal Kingdom (FL)
  • SeaWorld (FL)
  • Busch Gardens Africa/Tampa (FL)
  • Magic Kingdom (FL)
  • Islands of Adventure (FL)
  • Plus a few others...
As I've said in the past, it will be around 45-60 minutes in length. There is limited on-ride footage, but there is a bit, such as that in the DCA video. The focus won't be on individual coasters, but rather the attractions of the parks as a whole.

I've also attached a range of screen captures from across the film (not just DCA), to give you an idea of the varying styles of each section.

Disney's California Adventure

Busch Gardens Tampa

SeaWorld

Islands of Adventure

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------------
Have you read the Roller-Coaster.com.au Development Blog? Keep up to date with all the latest changes!

First Look: Roller-Coaster.com.au DVD
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
scott
post Sep 3 2006, 08:08 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 130

Will I receive this DVD? Seeing as my subscription ran out, but I still payed for one...

This post has been edited by scott: Sep 3 2006, 08:08 PM

--------------------
Australia Ride Count:261
Overseas Ride Count: 28

+Quote Post
T-bone
post Sep 3 2006, 10:17 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 128

Scott, you should be recieving one as far as I understand. As long as you opted for the DVD/ Calender option, instead of the full refund, and you were a Gold Member.

+Quote Post
Richard
post Sep 3 2006, 11:42 PM
Post #4

Roller-Coaster.com.au

All subscribers who had originally paid for this DVD and have not opted for a refund or downgrade along the way will receive it.

scott, you should find your subscription has been renewed for about 7 or so extra months. Being able to post in this forum means your subscription is current. You're also on record to receive the DVD when it is sent out.

--------------------
Have you read the Roller-Coaster.com.au Development Blog? Keep up to date with all the latest changes!

+Quote Post
nev
post Sep 22 2006, 08:35 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 121

Video looks absolutely fantastic. Great to see some original stuff instead of boring stock footage from local Aussie parks right?

Well done buddy, cant wait to get it

+Quote Post
Richard
post Nov 6 2006, 12:55 AM
Post #6

Roller-Coaster.com.au

Yeah cheers for the comments. Really not a fan of seeing the same ad footage again and again. If it came down to a toss-up between a good angle which we've all seen countless times on promo material or something original that mightn't be as good I know which I'd choose.

All the footage for the DVD is completed now (and actually has been done for about 6 weeks now) and it's a matter of compiling the DVD.

I have the SeaWorld of Orlando section up on the Videos section here and I've made it publicly viewable this time so anyone can take a look.

http://www.roller-coaster.com.au/videos.php?vid=21

In many ways it's my favourite segment from the 45-odd minutes of the finished product. I wanted to keep a cohesive vibe for the entire film which is shown in the similar styles of camerawork but I also wanted each individual segment to speak for the park it's representing and I think this SeaWorld one does that very well.

The Disney's California Adventure segment I posted earlier ended up being around 10:00 in length.

I hope to get another preview segment up in the next few weeks (possibly Islands of Adventure) and get the DVD posted to all current subscribers this month.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Richard
post Nov 11 2006, 03:41 PM
Post #7

Roller-Coaster.com.au

In case you haven't seen, I have put up the Islands of Adventure segment on the Videos page.

http://www.roller-coaster.com.au/videos.php?vid=22

This video is 25mb and should stream fine on any Australian broadband connection.

Like the SeaWorld video it is publicly viewable and this one is in full 16:9 format, not 4:3 letterboxed like the previous videos. Naturally they're heavily compressed so a lot of the quality is lost there.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonic123488
post Jan 6 2007, 11:08 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 1,332

I'm a subscriber and I want to know if I'll get this DVD.

--------------------
Talk is cheap because the quantity is more than the demand

+Quote Post
T-bone
post May 5 2007, 09:18 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 128

For those who know me, they will know I am not really a whinger, but is there any word on this very late DVD? or are we just going to let it bowl over?

+Quote Post
Richard
post May 5 2007, 11:25 AM
Post #10

Roller-Coaster.com.au

It's most definitely still on its way. Unfortunately with the DW/WWW fiasco that happened over the summer, the free time I wanted to spend finishing the DVD off was taken by those matters. What remains to be done is about a solid day or two of work relating to the DVD production, which as soon as I get a chance to do, will be done.

I can't give any guarantees on time, other than to say I haven't forgotten and it's still coming. Everyone who has paid for it will retain their subscription benefits until it is send out at the very least.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5 May 2024 - 01:18 AM