Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mick Doohan Motocoaster construction discussion
Roller-Coaster.com.au Forums > Amusement Parks > Dreamworld
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
AugustVonPolen
A new Motorcyclecoaster from Intamin is planed for Dreamworld.
Click and go to PAGE10

Greets
Auge
CoAsTeR TeeN
Is this for real!!! Whoa, looks like they have gone with the booster bike. I like it how there are going to be to intamin accelerater coaster on the Gold Coast smile.gif.

Just a Question AugustVonPolen, How do you get that magazine? Do you have to subscribe or do you have to pay money for it?

CoasterBoy8
AugustVonPolen
Its a Link from the German Onride Board.
I didnt kow more about the magazine, Sorry.

The Boosterbike from Vekoma is a good coaster and makes a lot of fun.
A MotorcycleCoaster from Intamin must be Very very Good. rolleyes.gif

I dont kow if its real. They came with lots of unknown News.
-Coaster for WBMW or MP Germany
-BallCoaser Terra Mitica
-Mega Coaster Tobu Zoo
-Wooden Coaster Everland
- and last but not least the DreamworldThing

Hope no Hoax in it.
Greets
Auge
aidan
That is so cool! this is going to be great, couldnt have asked anything better myself.
Chaos-Maniac
That's awesome. Richard, can you confirm this, at all?

Also, where would it go *hopes not in Ocean Parade*?
CoAsTeR TeeN
Also, where would it go *hopes not in Ocean Parade*?

Yer, I would prefer it to go over the lake and onto the island in the middle. But please, can somebody confirm that this is actually what DW's next big thrill is!!

CoasterBoy8
aidan
Where in ocean parade is there room for a coaster? lol. If there is a coaster coming it should be put at the back where not many peope go. I always stuck with the roller coaster on the island but its full of nature.
stardust
when you go on the giant drop you see so much land around them they could use!!
that sounds so cool! i hope its true! how long would it take for it to be ready? like 1 yr, 2 yrs, more, less?
Adam
Park World certainly seems to be a reputable magazine (from what I can gather from a couple of quick Google searches). It has been confirmed though that Movie Park Germany will not be receiving a new Intamin coaster as suggested in that magazine. Perhaps their source on this is not 100% reliable?

It would be great to see Dreamworld get a new Intamin coaster.
Peter
Since when does Intamin make motorbike coasters ?!
D.C.
How do the restraints work on this type of ride? I'm enjoying this competition Dreamworld/Movie World have going on lately. Good stuff!
Ian
QUOTE(Peter @ Jan 16 2007, 12:57 AM) [snapback]40058[/snapback]

Since when does Intamin make motorbike coasters ?!

I know Intamin have been working on there own version of vekoma booster bike. so looks like we will be getting a world first.
CoAsTeR TeeN
Ohh, so it's not vekoma's booster bike *nocks head against wall*. Hopefully Intamin use the hydralic launch system, like on Superman.
Anyway, going by what Rabid is saying, it looks like we have got another World First!!

CoasterBoy8
kieran
BOOYAH, dreamworlds making a comeback. finally some decent competition for movieworld!!
Chaos-Maniac
Yippee! laugh.gif

How would they theme this? Hopefully they'll use the land which Blue Lagoon once occupied.
I'm not too keen on the motocylcle style concept. But, I'm open to see how it is. I've never really seen what they look like or how they run/work.
Gazza
Can i change the order of that post tongue.gif
I've never ... seen what they look like or how they run/work (but) I'm not too keen on the motocylcle style concept.

Im not complaining though, a second Accelerator for Australia sounds awesome and It will be interesting to see how Intamin approaches the problem.
Im putting down a bet now on a Rita style layout to give that racetrack feel, but with a sort of family oriented layout.
CoAsTeR TeeN
Ok, everybody, let's play a game!! It's called: How would you theme this new coaster to Dreamworld?. How to play is very simple. Just describe where you would put the coaster and then how would you theme it. Mabey there could be a story line included?

Anyway, would this accelerator coaster work alot like Superman, with the hydralic launch but with people sitting in a motorcycle position??

CoasterBoy6
joz
See, that's why we need international members all the time, to tell us stuff that's been announced overseas but not here yet. Many thanks smile.gif

Also special mention to Nev, who correctly wished for a Motorbike Coaster in the "Future Dreamworld Thrill Ride" thread.

Still, judging by the article I guess its official, Australian Theme Parks are in love with Intamin. What with the ToT, GD, Claw, Thunder River boats at DW, and Superman at MW, as well as the roulette ball that is the Half-Pipe then that's nearly one new Intamin Ride every 2 years for about a decade. Nice to see that Intamin's Australian office is getting a good bit of work.

As for the ride itself, well really, a launch coaster for DW would have to have something different about it to not be labeled a Superman Rip-off. A Motorbike coaster fits that bill nicely and should be quite marketable. The fact its a world first also looks great on the TV ads, regardless of if its only due to a technicality.

Hopefully they'll use the land which Blue Lagoon once occupied.

What difference does that make?
ihatemisssly
a motorbike theme?
anyway, this coaster sounds stupid.
Gazza
LOL well, i guess you can't please everyone...

Though Joz, i dunno if you are being serious or not, but does Intamin actually have an office/rep in Australia? And secondly, should we expect a September opening?
djrappa
Actually you are the one that sounds stupid with such a meaningless post!

The booster bikes are a great fun ride (even if not especially 'boy friendly') and would be a great addition to dreamworld.
OzCoasterFreek
This could be a great addition to Dreamworld, but will be really need to be someting special to set it apart from Superman. But where will it go? The old Blue Lagoon area seems a viable option. Then there's the possibility of the Eureka site, should it be closed for good.
Gazza
Well, I think the Eureka site is out because its a launched coaster so it needs a fairly long launch zone as well as wide turns and IMO the eureka site can really only fit a compact coaster.
Ideally the site would be fairly linear and an idea I have had for a while is the model T lane area with a sort of out and back layout.
Also, i think its going to be entirely different to Superman, we have to remember that they were orignally going for a mine train so obviously their market research told them the ride would have to appeal to a family audience, given that I cant imagine it being pushed as something scary etc, just thrilling and fun.
myk
Anyone got any good pictures of a Motorcycle coaster (besides the ones on Google images)? I want to see what this thing looks like.
Chaos-Maniac
What difference does that make?

None really. Although, I think having a new major attraction at the other side of the park, away from Ocean Parade would help 'filter' the guests around the park more. Which, I think is really needed. smile.gif

Ideally the site would be fairly linear and an idea I have had for a while is the model T lane area with a sort of out and back layout.

That sounds alright. However, would they be able to make the coaster go above and under the Tower Of Terror track? And, maybe going out over the water at all?

Ian
QUOTE(myk @ Jan 16 2007, 09:06 AM) [snapback]40085[/snapback]

Anyone got any good pictures of a Motorcycle coaster (besides the ones on Google images)? I want to see what this thing looks like.

this photo gives you a idea
http://ozcoaster.net/
Gazza
myk, if you are after some pics of a Motorbike coaster see:
http://www.rcdb.com/ig2747.htm
http://www.rcdb.com/ig3418.htm
http://www.rcdb.com/ig2949.htm
Bear in mind this is the Vekoma version, I have yet to see any pics of the Intamin one (well, it is a prototype)

And Chaos, that was the sort of thing they could try, going under the TOT would be a bit hard since there isnt much clearance, but I could imagine it passing over quite easily, perhaps doing a helix around the tower. I suppose going over the water is possible too.
myk
Wow, does look cool. Thanks Ian.

So this isn't going to be a baby ride is it. This actually looks reallllllllly cool. A definate update which is needed for Dreamworld :S

This needs to be big.
kennykoala
QUOTE(Chaos-Maniac @ Jan 16 2007, 05:48 AM) [snapback]40074[/snapback]

Yippee! laugh.gif

How would they theme this? Hopefully they'll use the land which Blue Lagoon once occupied.
I'm not too keen on the motocylcle style concept. But, I'm open to see how it is. I've never really seen what they look like or how they run/work.

According to news paper article, Nightmares is sticking around at dreamworld for 6 mths, so the new ride wont be being built there anytime soon.
Chaos-Maniac
And Chaos, that was the sort of thing they could try, going under the TOT would be a bit hard since there isnt much clearance, but I could imagine it passing over quite easily, perhaps doing a helix around the tower. I suppose going over the water is possible too.

Would they be able to build a ditch into the ground underneath the TOT track? I don't know why, I just think it would be awesome, and add a lot of thrill to the ride to see/have the track pass under and over the TOT track. smile.gif
I wouldn't mind a helix around the tower too, would it be able to be big enough to go from the ground up and around the Giant Drop entrance/station? It'd be pretty awesome to be lining up for Giant drop and see the coaster go flying up around on in a helix. ohmy.gif laugh.gif
Maybe something like this helix but steeper/higher?
http://www.rcdb.com/ig2747.htm?picture=8

Also, I've been thinking. Maybe Dreamworld could try to buy the rights for the movie Torque (motorbike movie, like Fast & Furious) and theme the movie around that? Who made this movie? cool.gif
myk
Movie ride are for MW though and when the license agreement ends they have to go through all the trouble of retheming.
GoGoBoy
I heard today from an inside source who actually managed to get a quick peek at the plans for the new rollercoaster. Gazza you're right, it is going to be built around the vintage cars area (an area I have also suggested previously would be perfect for a new coaster). My source reckoned it looked pretty wussy though, a relatively small layout with only 3 'circles'. That's all the info I could get.

I am certainly pleased that Dreamworld is finally adding a new ride. However I don't think a small motorbike coaster is enough after a 3 year absence of any new ride. We should be seeing a hyper coaster being built in this area and going out over the lake. I don't know a lot about these motorbike coasters but I don't really understand why people get so excited about them. They just look so damn small and unimpressive.

To me it is the sort of ride Dreamworld should be adding AFTER they have already added a significant number of other larger coasters and are running out of ideas
dreamworld_rulz
Ian that pic is fully sic. It looks awesome. But as other have stated we don't know what Intamin has installed for us.
tom
Found this on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjdpAYO99Do

This is the one called Velocity in Flamingo Land Theme Park & Zoo Malton, Yorkshire UK.

This video from YouTube, has one ride footage of Velocity, as well as other attractions in the park.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz7RSLgVw4U

(Its around the 1min 20sec mark on the video where the booster bike footage comes in, if you don't want to watch the whole thing)
dreamworld_rulz
OMFG the ride @ the 2:55min mark. ohmy.gif biggrin.gif
Peter
If this is really going to be an Intamin coaster, which I doubt as much as the Movie Park Germany coaster suggested in the same article, it�s going to be fun:

- prototype
- hydrolic launch
- intamin

Those words... Hhm... That's not going to work the first two years! biggrin.gif
nev
Yay for my prediction, thanks Joz...

At first look the Flamingoland Booster Bike appears tame, but the launch and the G-Forces you experience during the ride whilst sitting in an unusual position makes it all the more thrilling, different and enjoyable. Having ridden the one at Flamingoland, I think it's pretty safe to say that I haven't been on any other coaster either here or overseas that creates a sensation that's quite the same. It's really not possible for anyone to comment about how lame it or its layout might be unless you've experienced what it's like to actually be on one of these coasters...
AugustVonPolen
A Short History Overview about MotorcycleCoasters:

Intamin will be the 3rd constructor of MotorCycleCoasters, i think.
Vekoma came first, 2004, with their Boosterbike at Toverland
Here a Video
2005 they built the biger one, Velocity, in England and 2006 came a BoosterBike Clone,
Motorbike Launch Coaster, to China.

Zamperla came in 2006 with their Version of a Motorcyclecoaster, MotoGP.
Link to MotoGP
Video1
Video2
More Pictures

Lets see how Intamin makes it in 2007..... cool.gif

Greets
Auge
CoAsTeR TeeN
However, Intamin will be the first to use a cable launch! The rest use LIM's don't they?

Anyway, hopefully what Intamin is doing, is using a acceleration coaster, like SE with the cable launch. And just replacing the normal seats with motorcycles.

I also hope they try and beat the speed on SE, mabey 0 to 120 in 2.5 seconds!! happy.gif biggrin.gif .

CoasterBoy6
myk
If it is built in the Cars area I'm pretty sure it will just be some name like "Maniac Motorcycles" and themed with the cars. And this doesn't look to exciting - not something I would rush out and buy a DW ticket for anyway. They need a good ride sad.gif Save the 6 mil and build something big.
tom
QUOTE(Coaster Boy 8 @ Jan 17 2007, 07:20 AM) [snapback]40109[/snapback]

However, Intamin will be the first to use a cable launch! The rest use LIM's don't they?

No, I think by looking at photos, the one built by Vekoma is their version of the catapult system. Seen on coasters like Rockin' Roller-Coaster at MGM.

http://www.rcdb.com/ig2747.htm?picture=27
Like in this picture, you can see the catch car and the inner tracks it runs down to launch the train.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

smile.gif
AugustVonPolen
QUOTE(Coaster Boy 8 @ Jan 16 2007, 09:20 PM) [snapback]40109[/snapback]

No,
Vekoma use a Cablelaunch, zamperla use LIM, i think.
Where did you get the information about the cable launch?
Greets
Auge
tom
QUOTE(AugustVonPolen @ Jan 17 2007, 11:47 AM) [snapback]40115[/snapback]

No,
Where did you get the information about the cable launch?
Greets
Auge

If your asking me, where did I get the info from. Myself! Hehe. Just by observing the photos.
AugustVonPolen
No,i did not asked you. wink.gif
But i wonder where Coasterboy get his information about a coaster no one knows rolleyes.gif

Greets
AUGE
Richard
Vekoma do indeed use their own hydraulic system for the launch, making nothing really 'world first' about the Intamin version (the first from a particular manufacturer doesn't really qualify it for any particular ovation). Interestingly on the topic of Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, this attraction actually features an LSM-powered sled launch.
tom
QUOTE(Richard @ Jan 17 2007, 12:05 PM) [snapback]40118[/snapback]

Vekoma do indeed use their own hydraulic system for the launch, making nothing really 'world first' about the Intamin version (the first from a particular manufacturer doesn't really qualify it for any particular ovation). Interestingly on the topic of Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, this attraction actually features an LSM-powered sled launch.

So, does the Rockin' Roller Coaster still use a catch car to launch the coaster?

Is LSM, Linear Synchronous Motor? (Or however you spell it, or is that completely wrong...?)
Gazza
Hmm, interesting topic, but anyway....
Would they be able to build a ditch into the ground underneath the TOT track? I don't know why, I just think it would be awesome, and add a lot of thrill to the ride to see/have the track pass under and over the TOT track.

I thought about that, and yes it would be cool (It would be like corkscrew at SW with the track swooping under the monorail), but its just a question of wether DW thinks its worth the effort.
am certainly pleased that Dreamworld is finally adding a new ride. However I don't think a small motorbike coaster is enough after a 3 year absence of any new ride.

But see, DW has been getting plenty of visitors so I guess adding new rides in a random manner works for them, dissapointing IMO but thats just the way they run.
prototype
- hydrolic launch
- intamin

Those words... Hhm... That's not going to work the first two years! biggrin.gif

See, the funny thing with that is the fact SE has run really well this year, I think it is more to do with the parks that run them.

No,

Nah, Zamperla use some sort of cable system too, see the second pic down at http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewt...d69f9021ebdb198

And also, there is a fourth company that makes Motorbike coaster (this was revealed in 2004), see http://www.schaefer-amusement.com/

So, does the Rockin' Roller Coaster still use a catch car to launch the coaster?

Is LSM, Linear Synchronous Motor? (Or however you spell it, or is that completely wrong...?)

Yep smile.gif The one at disney has a catch car that runs on its own track in the middle and the catch car is moved by LSMs.
CoAsTeR TeeN
No,i did not asked you.
But i wonder where Coasterboy get his information about a coaster no one knows

Sorry, guys for all the confusion sad.gif . I didn't find that info anywhere.

Infact I just thought that Vekoma would use LIM's or LSM's on the booster bike because they use them on all there other launched rollercoasters.

1. Anyway, how fast do you guys think this coaster will go?
2. And would it be like SE where you reach the speed in under a number of secs?

CoasterBoy6
Gazza
QUOTE(Coaster Boy 8 @ Jan 17 2007, 02:01 PM) [snapback]40126[/snapback]

1. Anyway, how fast do you guys think this coaster will go?
2. And would it be like SE where you reach the speed in under a number of secs?

CoasterBoy6

On the first point, i think maybe a top speed of 70 kmhֿ� or so given the size of the area and the fact it will probably be family oriented so it cant be too fast.
On the second point, it would have to reach the speed under a determined number of seconds because if it didn't the launch would last for all of eterninty, but ill say 3 or so seconds and I can imagine DW using this as a marketing point (As they do with TOT: "Reach 160 kmhֿ� in 7 seconds")
CoAsTeR TeeN
On the second point, it would have to reach the speed under a determined number of seconds because if it didn't the launch would last for all of eterninty!

LOL!! Point taken. tongue.gif Anyway, I think they could get the speed up a little bit, mabey 80 to 85km/h. I think this would be just enough speed to make it a family coaster as well as a thrill ride. Especially if it does that speed, as you were saying, in 3 or more seconds.

Oh, and what does the -1 on top of the Km/h mean:
kmhֿ�

Thanks,
CoasterBoy6
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.