Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Where do theme parks store spare uniforms?, In park? In secure storage?
Rating 1 V
Drewboy
post Oct 11 2006, 10:04 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 249

I was wondering today, where are spare uniforms of our theme parks (mainly those of Dreamworld and Movie World) stored? Do they actually have uniform/costume storage in our parks, such as a secret shed in the bush towards the Big Brother house at Dreamworld, or are they situated in a secure lock-up, perhaps in the city of Coomera?

--------------------
You painted a picture so graphic that noone could see past it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gazza
post Oct 11 2006, 10:16 PM
Post #2

Beghilos

Member No.: 88

Most workplaces seem to keep uniforms folded up or hanging in a cupboard, and often it is near the staff room. They would never be kept in the locations you described as it would be a downright pain to have to go right out the back or into coomera to get uniforms everytime they have an induction for new staff. They also need to be close at hand in case somebody arrives at work, but has forgotten a piece of their uniform.
The amount of storage really just depends on staff turnover. It wouldnt be bigger than say a walk in robe. If you think about it a secondary school uniform shop supplies a similar amount of people, and i know the storage area for mine is little more than a wall divided up into boxes.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Richard
post Oct 11 2006, 11:08 PM
Post #3

Roller-Coaster.com.au

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I'm sure there are easier ways of sneaking into theme parks than heisting uniforms (probably none as exciting though). smile.gif

--------------------
Have you read the Roller-Coaster.com.au Development Blog? Keep up to date with all the latest changes!

First Look: Roller-Coaster.com.au DVD

+Quote Post
Spotty
post Oct 12 2006, 12:02 AM
Post #4

The Freezer....so cool it's scary!

Member No.: 134

Just... Ummm... Don't be giving me ideas... lol

--------------------

+Quote Post
djrappa
post Oct 12 2006, 12:33 AM
Post #5

Group: Community Leader
Member No.: 48

Well Movie World has both a uniforms and costume department. Uniforms has uniforms for all of Movie World as well as Paradise Country, WnW and some of AOS as well.

Uniforms also happens to be the place to go to collect such things as your free park passes wink.gif

Costumes deals with all the character suits and performers in the park.

Seaworld has it's own uniforms department and AOS has a fair stock for our staff as well.

--------------------
Cheers
Clint Dulieu

Last person to ever to ride Bush Beast - front seat
WONDERLAND SYDNEY 1985-2004

+Quote Post
Bussy
post Oct 12 2006, 11:15 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 98

Wonderland had a department, funnily enough called Wardrobe. It was located at the operational staff entrance just outside the locker rooms. It had every piece of clothing required and a lot that wasn't. It contained all of the old uniforms from when each area of the park had a different uniform, all of the character outfits, space probe overalls, lifeguard uniforms, shoes, hats, name tags, plus much more. The ladies that worked there would do any alterations required to your uniform. If you forgot any piece of uniform you could get a replacement from them for the day, at a cost of course.

I have a bunch of old uniforms that I obtained just before the park closed, including several full Space Probe outfits (overalls, belts, hats, name tags).

"The Bus is now leaving for Warden, Western Australia"

--------------------
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

+Quote Post
Adam
post Oct 12 2006, 07:30 PM
Post #7

<3mickey!

Member No.: 284

I think the easiest way to understand it Drewboy is to just think of your school's uniform shop (as Gazza said). It needs to be in a central and convenient location.

--------------------

Harry Potter is a horcrux...........................................

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2 May 2024 - 06:19 AM