2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Disneyland In Queensland
ryanlerch
post Apr 28 2006, 02:51 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 975

when i went to disneyland in california last year, we got told by a disney employee that the australian disneylad is definiatly opening in Queensland. He said that they are starting work on it around 2008, to be completed by 2012. From memory he also stated that there would be 4 maybe more parks encorparated al together.

has anyone else heard any recent information about where it will be placed or wheather this is true?

cheers
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bigglesworth003
post Apr 28 2006, 11:22 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 279

Nope not happing, if it was some Employee in the park, they dont know crap, these are the ones that spread the most stupid rumors about disneyland, no one working at disneyland would know about a Australian Disneyland,

either way next looks to be Shanghi than who knows, i dont see us getting one anytime in the next 20 years

we dont have the population, tourism that a Disneyland needs to be supported

or government support (Disney will onlyfund about 35 - 40% of the project, rest usally governments or companies) considering a Disney park and infersturcture to support it, transport, hotels etc start up for an opening would cost around 1-2 billion and thats for a Hong kong Disneyland type that will still be years away from a full day park

Sorry the cast member doesn't know squwat!

+Quote Post
Tony Teulan
post Apr 29 2006, 10:53 AM
Post #3

Gold Coaster Tycoon

Member No.: 900

Don't I wish this was true ...

The other night I dreamt I got back to Australia from overseas and was headed to Dreamworld when I discovered a Six Flags Magic Mountain had also opened up in Coomera.

"Stuff Dreamworld!" I said.

Unfortunately I had to wake up eventually. mad.gif

--------------------

+1 for STEEL: Mick Doohan Motocoaster, Dreamworld - not yet available
on the site database. Next credit will be 'Surfrider' at Wet'n'Wild...

+Quote Post
taronga
post May 2 2006, 05:32 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 662

If Six Flags open a park they wouldn't call it Magic Mountain... again.

+Quote Post
Tony Teulan
post May 2 2006, 05:53 PM
Post #5

Gold Coaster Tycoon

QUOTE(taronga @ May 2 2006, 05:32 PM) [snapback]32729[/snapback]

If Six Flags open a park they wouldn't call it Magic Mountain... again.
rolleyes.gif OBVIOUSLY. But that's what it was called in my dream.

This post has been edited by Tony B: May 2 2006, 05:53 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spotty
post May 2 2006, 09:31 PM
Post #6

The Freezer....so cool it's scary!

Member No.: 134

I'd rather a Paramount Kings Island lol.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hugh_gazzz
post May 3 2006, 04:13 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 978

'' australian disneyland is definietly opening in Queensland ''

First post:

Earlier this year there was a report in the Sydney Morning Herald that Disney were looking at buying up some land west of Sydney for a new theme park. There was also talk that disneyland was looking at land at Avalon in Melbourne.

It would be FANTASTIC if Disneyland opened a park in Sydney seeing we only have Jamberoo which is not really a theme park and Luna Park which is CRAP. Melbourne wouldnt be so bad but they would give sydney siders a lot of crap.

+Quote Post
Diannasaurus
post May 4 2006, 07:00 AM
Post #8

Group: Subscriber
Member No.: 38

I have to agree with bigglesworth003....Park employees would know zip about what the companies future plans would be in that area. I REALLY would love to see us get our own Disneyland & I don't care what state they built it in either. Being a Sydneysider it would be wonderful to see it here but at this point I'd be happy to travel where ever it was to go. It would be no different than as I do now to visit WBMW & DW :-)

--------------------
Diannasaurus

+Quote Post
Reece
post Oct 28 2007, 07:21 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 2,039

That would be great to have a disneyland in Queensland but there are allready 5 theme parks (Yes, I did include Aussie World.) So it would be least likely to come here but then again the tourist poppultion is increasing so you will just never know. rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
brokenfate27
post Oct 28 2007, 08:04 AM
Post #10

Jack

Member No.: 2,031

i really hope it will be in QLD but then MW, DW, WnW etc. would have alot of competition.

+Quote Post
ads086
post Oct 28 2007, 09:28 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 224

More competition = Better quality additions, or those not interested in stepping up simply bow out

--------------------
IOU: 1xSignature...

+Quote Post
Gazza
post Oct 28 2007, 10:00 AM
Post #12

Beghilos

Member No.: 88

Well, competition would be stimulated a bit, but I mean Knotts berry farm has to compete with two Disney parks, but that hasn't really driven them to greatness, let alone gotten them to a level much better than most American theme parks.

--------------------

+Quote Post
myk
post Oct 28 2007, 03:57 PM
Post #13

Walt Disney

Member No.: 1,275

I think we are all being a bit pessimistic here. The way I see it is yes, Disney currently can't afford the loss of putting a park here. But they are looking; and that is a start. Something like that indicates that maybe now is the time where we start to see these big additions here on the Gold Coast. We can't remain isolated from the theme park world for much longer.

I think it's great smile.gif

--------------------
rah.

+Quote Post
sonic123488
post Oct 28 2007, 04:57 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 1,332

QUOTE(myk @ Oct 28 2007, 03:57 PM) *
I think we are all being a bit pessimistic here. The way I see it is yes, Disney currently can't afford the loss of putting a park here. But they are looking; and that is a start. Something like that indicates that maybe now is the time where we start to see these big additions here on the Gold Coast. We can't remain isolated from the theme park world for much longer.

I think it's great smile.gif

I agree, it may not be likely but there's always the chance and we shoudn't always dismiss ithe chance of disney coming here so fast, nothing is impossible.

This post has been edited by sonic123488: Oct 28 2007, 04:58 PM

--------------------
Talk is cheap because the quantity is more than the demand

+Quote Post
myk
post Oct 28 2007, 05:17 PM
Post #15

Walt Disney

Member No.: 1,275

I'm not saying there is a chance for Disney, I'm saying that Australia is turning to bigger things in terms of theme park rides.

--------------------
rah.

+Quote Post
zacula
post Oct 28 2007, 08:46 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 1,643

If there was to be any theme parks to open, it would have to be in Sydney. Seriously, its just not fair.
I dont know why Wonderland cloed down. Maybe someone could tell me? Because they had good business and were the only theme park in Sydney. Maybe they would have stayed open if they had introduced more rides every now and then to attract previous visitors.

Sydney-siders have to travel to the Gold Cost for a decent theme park. It costs a lot of money, its just ridiculous.

+Quote Post
taronga
post Oct 29 2007, 01:19 AM
Post #17

Member No.: 662

Never say never - We will have a world-class theme park soon ....... i hope.

+Quote Post
sonic123488
post Oct 29 2007, 03:48 PM
Post #18

I still want to take an optimists view on Disney coming here heck if it was my decision with unlimited money I'd have a Disney world on the Gold Coast, and if no one hopes nothing comes.

This post has been edited by sonic123488: Oct 29 2007, 03:51 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tony Teulan
post Oct 29 2007, 04:26 PM
Post #19

Gold Coaster Tycoon

As the old Dreamworld slogan used to go, "Don't say one day, that day will never come!"

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonic123488
post Oct 29 2007, 05:53 PM
Post #20

QUOTE(Tony Teulan @ Oct 29 2007, 04:26 PM) *
As the old Dreamworld slogan used to go, "Don't say one day, that day will never come!"

well you got to have a little faith and we don't know what they'll do, (though almost definitely not) we could end up with "Six Flags-Australia"

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gazza
post Oct 29 2007, 06:15 PM
Post #21

Beghilos

^What you are forgetting is that Six Flags don't really build new parks, they buy and operate existing ones, well least till a few years ago, now the company is downsizing and selling off parks, the company is still in a lot of debt, and the CEO has stated their days of building $20 million coasters are over.

I prefer to take the realists view, at least that way you aren't setting yourself up for disappointment. I have more hope in our existing parks just being successful and continuing to deliver good quality rides. The market is out there for a new park, just look at the proposals we have seen over the years, so it is on the minds of some, heck who predicted WWW.

Yeah, people can say 'anything is possible' and 'all we can do is hope', but IMO these are easy statements to make that cant be disproven.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonic123488
post Oct 29 2007, 06:30 PM
Post #22

QUOTE(Gazza @ Oct 29 2007, 06:15 PM) *
^What you are forgetting is that Six Flags don't really build new parks, they buy and operate existing ones, well least till a few years ago, now the company is downsizing and selling off parks, the company is still in a lot of debt, and the CEO has stated their days of building $20 million coasters are over.

I prefer to take the realists view, at least that way you aren't setting yourself up for disappointment. I have more hope in our existing parks just being successful and continuing to deliver good quality rides. The market is out there for a new park, just look at the proposals we have seen over the years, so it is on the minds of some, heck who predicted WWW.

Yeah, people can say 'anything is possible' and 'all we can do is hope', but IMO these are easy statements to make that cant be disproven.

Umm......and?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gazza
post Oct 29 2007, 08:20 PM
Post #23

Beghilos

Umm......and?

Seriously mate grow up, if you haven't got something worthwhile to say then don't post.
I took the effort to give a reasoned viewpoint and here you are typing some meaningless, 2 worded obnoxious post, I mean what are you getting at? You just quoted the post and wrote "umm...and", what else do you want me to say?
I guess my post was just a bit over your head.....

This post has been edited by Gazza: Oct 29 2007, 08:21 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
MaxThrust
post Oct 29 2007, 08:37 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 1,924

Just don't see it happening. There's isn't the people volume for a disney. MW/DW are tiny compared to UK/US parks.

Given the cost of new coasters and theming these days, nothing is going to suddenly burst on the scene. Many parks are now focusing on family days out, making there money from food and gift.

+Quote Post
Tony Teulan
post Oct 29 2007, 08:37 PM
Post #25

Gold Coaster Tycoon

Actually, what I meant by my statement is that last night, Tarasai Vushe didn't channel the anger... wink.gif

Ahem.

Nah I just meant let's continue to talk about it practically rather than talk about blind hope.

Personally, I expect we WILL start to see some great changes, it's just a case of when. I don't think we'll see anything too profound in the near future that's all.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17 April 2014 - 10:39 PM